Our Classic Style recreates the atmosphere of an English country kitchen from a simpler, quieter era with individual pieces blending perfectly with other items of furniture from the same period or with pieces from more modern times. The warmth and simplicity of a kitchen furnished with our Classic pieces contrasts vividly with the cold, harsh straight lines and finishes of contemporary designs. This style is ideally suited to renovations of older homes as well as to the country style architecture of today.
Classic tops are made of solid, 32 mm thick, Okoume (Gaboon Mahogany) timber. They are finished with Danish/Tung oil containing Polyurethane which is water resistant. A choice of 3 different colours are available – Dark Brown, Antique/Medium Brown or Honey. Extra length tops, eg to cover a washing machine or tumble dryer, which is an extra 720 mm long. These extension tops are charged at R1 340 per metre, and are 600 mm in depth.
Optional Extra – Subject to Quotation
- Exotic hardwoods if available per separate quote
- Granite or marble tops can be supplied at client’s cost
- A small allowance covering the material cost is made if units are ordered without tops,
eg for granite
Bases and Feet
- Turned feet are fully adjustable
- Bases (plinths) are either solid or with a curved opening
(either with a closure board behind or open)
- Bases are made from solid timber as a protection against water damage
These are supplied at a 10% surcharge
We use a standard lightly distressed white for our units. If you would prefer an alternative distressed or flat colour, please supply the paint colour and be aware of a 5% surcharge.